Photobucket

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eldridge Gravy and the Court Supremes


I did something the other night I have not done in years. I stayed up late and shot a band. Yes, it was glorious. I photographed Eldridge Gravy and the Court Supremes at the LoFi. It was a huge band on a tiny stage. The band was fun, the crowd was fun, the shots were fun. Lady Gravy did a rendition of Sweet Child of Mine, it was truly epic. My favorite song now. It was so nice to get back in the swing of things and to run around a bar with authority. When you have a massive camera at a bar, people don't question, they pose. You have every right to be in front of the stage. The crowd lets you move. People aren't hostile when you are trying to navigate through the mass. They figure you have a job to do and your not trying to be rude by getting that killer vantage point. I also love going to secret places of a bar that only people with the band are allowed to go. My stuff has a safe place and I have a place to go that isn't jam packed with drunk sweaty dancers. Also, people come up to me and talk to me. Normally I am not an approachable person, my husband says its because I don't smile. Fine by me. But when I am at a bar taking pictures, people are comfortable enough to approach me and ask for copies of the images. For instance, Eldridge Gravy was wearing a sweet hat. A gal in the audience also wearing a sweet hat that would have made the entire royal wedding jealous, came up to me and asked if I got a good picture of the hat. I told her I did. She told me she made the hat and had no pro pics of it. I took her name and will be sending that pic along. Network, network, network. Hire me to shoot your band.

No comments:

Post a Comment